For some 20 years now I’ve been doing program design, management and evaluation, research and analysis, and teaching, training and facilitation (15 of these years were at the International Development Research Centre). Mostly, I work with people, supporting what they’re trying to do and helping them find ways to do it better. Some of the coolest things I’ve done are:
- working with and connecting researchers, activists and decision-makers around the world, especially Sub-Saharan Africa, to identify, investigate and solve social and environmental problems;
- supporting what have become sustained networks and programs, including the Network for Equity in Health in Southern Africa, the Municipal Services Project, the Local Agenda 21 Initiative of the International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives, and the Municipal Development Partnership for Eastern and Southern Africa;
- managing several groundbreaking urban and local government development projects in South Africa during its transition from apartheid;
- assisting people in organizations to do effective monitoring and evaluation to improve their work, using appropriate and innovative approaches;
- building state-of-the-art programs on governance, social policy, health, environment and urban development;
- being active within my own community to bring attention and action to issues that matter.
Please contact me using the contact form if you’re interested in more information or in exchanging ideas.